Important Message from Pain Management Physicians with Respect to the COVID-19 Pandemic
During these unprecedented times, the doctors and staff here at Pain Management Physicians have made it our priority to be available and keep our offices open to safely care for our patients. It is important to understand that these conditions do not go away even though the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is the main challenge facing the medical community at this time.
We are committed to helping our patients manage their pain management needs in a safe and clean environment. We have instituted numerous screening and safety measures including:
- Strict pre-screening of all patients coming to the office. Any patient with a fever, new onset respiratory symptoms, sudden loss of taste or smell, new onset diarrhea, known exposure to another person with Coronavirus, or the patient themself with COVID-19, is not being seen in our office at this time. These patients are evaluated either via telemedicine or referred to a clinic or ER prepared to see patients with COVID-19.
- We are decreasing the number of patients in our office at one time. Patients are no longer waiting in the waiting room, but rather as soon as a patient checks in, they are immediately brought into an exam room.
- We are asking our adult patients to come to the office by themselves. Family members are not allowed in the office at this time.
- Each exam room is disinfected between patients. All surfaces, handles and door knobs are wiped down with a disinfectant spray or wipe.
- Procedures are still being performed, albeit, on a limited basis on those that have severe intractable pain.
- Your nose and mouth need to be covered to comply with the Pa. law. We ask that all patients wear a mask to the office.
- We are asking patients to maintain a “social distance” with the front desk upon arrival and checking out. This will minimize exposure for our front desk staff.
- All staff members at Pain Management Physicians – receptionists, billers, medical assistants, nurses and physicians are wearing an N95 mask while in the office.
- We now offer telemedicine visits as another safe alternative to follow-up with your doctors. These appointments can be scheduled by calling the office.
Our goal at Pain Management Physicians remains the same during these difficult and unprecedented times – “Do the right thing for our patients.” We want to make sure that our patients are still being taken care of and have access to the best health care possible. Patient safety and health remains our top priority.
We want to thank you for continuing to trust us with the most important responsibility of providing health-care for yourself and family.
Please stay safe and we will all get through this together!